Monday, February 21, 2011

Sunday afternoon piano concert

I have not been to a Sunday afternoon piano concert in many years.  Right now I'm wondering why?  Well, I know I wouldn't have gone to this concert if I hadn't been given tickets for my birthday last week.   What an AWESOME gift!

My husband and I arrived early to Alix Goolden Performance Hall and found seats in the front row.  If I sit too far back I sometimes fall asleep at concerts(...yup...I do!).  The sun was streaming in through the intricate stained-glass window of the old church and it was a stunning setting for 19th century piano music.
Charles Foreman was our pianist.  

An accomplished, confident performer, a professor of music, an eloquent speaker, he clearly knew what he was doing:) 

We heard Liszt, Grieg and Schumann.  Grieg and Schumann ended up being our favorites and there were 3 encores!

I'd love to hear Charles Foreman play again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...